A few weekends ago we were able to take a break from school work, and play for a little bit with some friends at a way cool orchard right outside of Philly. We stuffed ourselves with way too much carnival food (This is ALL fat free right?) had fun looking around at the animals, fresh flowers, pumpkins, listened to live music, went apple picking, and enjoyed a hay ride! It was a nice day off to spend together, we had soooo much fun!
Claira & Dylan found this cute little tree stump chair to pose in:)
Getting ready for the hay ride!

Me & my buddy riding around:) The hay ride was so fun, they took us all around the farm and we got to see everything they grow there! Berries, peppers, tomatoes, pear trees, apple trees, even Christmas trees! The kids loved it!

They really can't handle looking at the camera! I love them. (Crazy camera phone pictures are the best! ha:))

This was at the park on a different day. she was soooo excited to find the first fall leaves of the season. She collected lots and took them home to show daddy:)

The 'fruits' of our labors! I'm bummed I forgot to get pictures of us actually picking apples...but you get the idea! We got about 25 pounds for $25! not bad!

The apples were either mutant
HUGE or mutant
small!

So far I have managed to make the best (or worst...however you look at it) of our apples. I've made a huge batch of
homemade applesauce (click on that for Teresa's super recipe!), several apple crumble pies, and a batch of
apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies that are to die for!!!! I have enough apples left for one more treat! Wish my waistline luck! I guess I could eat the apples fresh, but where's the fun in that?!
8 comments:
Looks fun and YUMMY! I'm heading over to the other blog to check on that recipe! Now I want to make a big 'ol apple pie...
I love Linvilla.
But more so, I LOVE how your kids look in pictures! So posed and adorable. They are like commercialized kids! Claira biting the apple - love it!!!!
How did I not know you are a Foodie?!? I'm a TOTAL foodie... but have taken a huge delight in healthy eating and creative recipes. Awww.... yet another reason we were destined to be friends for life!! Love ya! Tell Benny I say hello!
So cute! I remember the days when I use to cook!
how fun! I love the tree stump chair!
Ahhhh fall apples! Love it. I bought a 5 lb. bag of Braeburns and think I've eaten them all :) I can't believe how big Claira & Dylan are! Can't wait to see them in Jan!!
Ok. Those all sound sooooo yummy! And, my goodness, you are so gorgeous, Alissa!!
heck yeah! too fun, i love apple picking. you're family is so cute!
Post a Comment