Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Roadtrip of Roadtrips



We got a letter in the mail on July 3rd from Drexel University inviting Ben to apply to their Masters of Public Health program. All he had to do really was check the YES box and wait for an answer.... easy right? He already applied to their medical school and didn't get in, so they just used that application with no extra fees. So he said "why not?" and I said " Um because we weren't exactly planning on moving 2,000 miles next month... I'm just sayin'" So he checked the box and away it went. So, we waited. Ben prays he gets in, I secretly pray he doesn't....apparently Ben is more faithful or at least more persistent than I am;) The acceptance letter came on August 5th... boy was that an emotional day! After struggling (a lot) with the idea, I finally agreed to go with it. A crazy August followed, then a fun break for Claira's birthday on September 3rd, & we finally said a bittersweet goodbye to Utah on September 6th. We did have the way cool opportunity to see some historic LDS sites along the way though. We stopped in Winter Quarters, Nauvoo, & Carthage. The road wasn't too kind to little Dylan though, he ended up with a busted lip and a fever by the time we arrived in Philadelphia. Poor guy. He's better now & we're all getting used to our new home/school/ward/everything!

7 comments:

The Feuerleins said...

Yes! First comment on the blog! This is so cute, I love it! Hopefully you will better about it than I am...

Unknown said...

awesome! I miss you guys but this will be great to keep up on what you do. It's so cute!!

curtis said...

Word!

Auntie Bockle said...

Bockle, Bockle,

Thanks for including me in the blog so I can keep up! I love and miss you all!

Auntie Bockle

DoryQueen said...

Awesome blog, Alissa! (Thanks Diana) It's great to keep in touch from one end of the country, or is that continent?!, to the other. Have fun. Love, Garth, Jeana and kidsÜ

teresa said...

Hey Alissa, I'm glad that you started a blog, but beware of blog addiction. It happens to the best of us! You can find me at teresa-greenhouse.blogspot.com. Hope you don't mind if I link you!

Kara said...

HOORAY! Welcome to the blogging world! Love you guys. :)