Claira is 6 today. 6! How does the time go by?! Today she said, "I can't wait until I'm 6 & 1/2!". I remember being that way. So excited for the future, so excited to be bigger and older. I love it. My baby starts her first day of Kindergarten in 12 days...that's right I'm counting, it's so bittersweet, but I know she'll love it . She's so ready!
So this year Claira wanted to invite some friends over to celebrate with us! She decided on a Minnie Mouse theme this year. So I thought I'd test my rusty cake decorating skills and try my hand (literally...and a shaky hand at that!) at a Minnie Mouse cake. I have to say I was dang excited at the end result! I started working on her cake after she was in bed so I could surprise her the next morning...I finished her cake suuuper late, like we're talking the AM realm of the night. I almost woke her up because I was so excited to show her! She loved it and it almost pained me too see it devoured in 2 seconds! ha ha!
She had a wonderful birthday! here are a few fun pictures from her day.
I think this might actually beat my Aquabat cake! Isn't she so darn cute?!
What a sweet daddy. Making Mickey Mouse pancakes for the birthday girl! Claira let him off the hook and said he didn't have to make Minnie Mouse pancakes because she figured her bow would end up looking like another ear, so smart, kind and (gasp) rational! She was also very confused as to WHY daddy was cooking! Me & Claira were upstairs getting ready and she noticed Daddy was nowhere to be found, so she asked "where's Daddy?" I said "he's downstairs cooking" she said "Daddy doesn't cook, you're the cooker! He just sits around and does papers all day!"
See Dylan's sneaky blowing over there? He has been referring to Claira's birthday as "MY" birthday. We can't tell him otherwise:)
She had a wonderful time with all of her friends & was so glad they could all come, she's been talking about her birthday for weeeks! We love you Claira and are glad you have such sweet friends who love you too! Happy birthday!
10 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CLAIRA! These pictures make me laugh! I wish with all of my heart that I was there (I have said that before on here, haven't I? For like every post.)! I've never not been there for a Claira birthday (at least I don't think so) and it makes me sad! I'm glad it was fun!
Those pictures are so cute! Marc & I both feel you guys are getting old to fast!! Love you bunches!!
She's really SO adorable. And amazing job on the cake, Ms. Talented!
oh my gosh, great job on the cake! you need to teach me! the party turned out so much fun, jayda is still talking about it. happy birthday claira, we love you!
no, i don't think so. I don't think there's any possible way a birthday party could be any more kick butt than that. do you want to plan my next one?
Would I ever Dani! What kind of cake should I fashion for you?! :)
Yes Teresa... a cake decorating party needs to happen in the very near future!
Happy Birthday! So glad you had so much fun!
Wahoo!! Happy Birthday Claira!! I can not believe that 6 came so fast. Berklie started Kindergarten recently too and is loving it. (Thank goodness, haha) Glad her b-day was fantabulous!
Cute!! The cake was fabulous!! Whatchutalkin'bout?? You're a pro!! I LOVED the comment about how "you're the cooker and Daddy just does papers"-- too funny.:)
you made that cake?!? That is amazing! I might have to hire you to make my boys birthday cakes. I always think I can do something cool and then it ends up a big mess of frosting. My boys had so much fun at the party too! I love that you are the cooker and daddy does papers :)
Post a Comment